Andalusia in southern Spain is one of Europe’s most beautiful winter surfing destinations and still uncharted territory for many surfers. It´s the warmest region in Europe with hot temperatures in autumn and spring and comfortable Mediterranean climate with lots of sun in winter! El Palmar is the epicenter of surfing in southern Spain.
Southern Spain is and offers excellent conditions in fall, winter and spring. The climate and variety of surf spots in the area with its high cliffs and long sandy beaches is often compared to southern California and perfect for both beginners and experienced surfers. Pristine sandy beach breaks, point breaks and reef breaks are all close. And we have minimal crowds!
Our surfing courses are suitable for beginners, intermediates or advanced surfers of all ages (theory and practical lessons with video analysis). Our local surf instructors are fully qualified beach lifeguards and teach surfing in a safe and professional environment. Our daily surfclasses start around 10:00-13:30. You can start on any day, we have flexible arrival/departure dates.
* Surf courses at the best Spots in southern Spain
* Personalized coaching
* Quality Beach-, Point- und Reef breaks for experienced surfers
* Stand Up Paddle Surfing (SUP)
* Excellent knowledge of the spots, we live and surf here since 15 years and all our surf instructors are locals from the region.
* Accommodation in our La Luz Lodge / La Luz Surfcamp only 100m from the beach.
* Excellent healthy and lovingly prepared cuisine.
* Single Rooms, double rooms, private apartments with sea view, incredible loft apartment with sea view, holiday homes for families or groups and our beautiful luxury Casa De Cuore for Yogaretreats, Surf-Groups, Spanish courses.
* Yoga, Spanish courses, horse riding, whale watching, culture, etc.
* White villages, proud Andalusian horses and Moorish history.
Beginner: September until May. Beginners lessons are possible during the whole season, we always find a place with small and easy beginner waves for you.
Intermediate Surfers: October until April (Winter offers very good conditions with zero crowds).
Advanced Surfers: Mid Oktober, November, December, January, February, March (Winter offers very good conditions with zero crowds).
This video clip shows the wave quality with us for advanced surfers!
Another video clip from January with sun, beach, friends and rest.